Glass Petri Dish: Where to Find 25mm Diameter Options?
When it comes to laboratory equipment, precision and quality are paramount. One such piece of equipment that requires these attributes is the Petri dish. These dishes are used in labs across the world for a variety of experiments and tests. While standard Petri dishes typically have a diameter of 100mm, there are instances where a smaller size, such as a 25mm diameter, is needed. This article will guide you on where to find 25mm diameter glass Petri dishes and what to consider when purchasing them.
What is a Petri Dish?
A Petri dish, named after German bacteriologist Julius Richard Petri, is a shallow cylindrical glass or plastic lidded dish that biologists and chemists use to culture cells such as bacteria, or small mosses. They are essential tools in microbiology and cellular biology studies.
Why Choose a Glass Petri Dish?
While Petri dishes can be made from both glass and plastic, glass dishes offer several advantages. They are reusable, heat resistant, and less prone to scratching. This makes them ideal for experiments involving high temperatures or abrasive materials. Additionally, glass dishes are more environmentally friendly as they can be sterilized and reused, reducing waste.
Where to Find 25mm Diameter Glass Petri Dishes?
Finding a 25mm diameter glass Petri dish can be a bit challenging as it’s not a standard size. However, several suppliers offer these smaller dishes. Here are a few places to start your search:
- Scientific Supply Stores: Many scientific supply stores carry a range of Petri dish sizes. It’s worth checking with local stores or their online counterparts.
- Online Marketplaces: Websites like Amazon and eBay often have a wide variety of lab equipment, including 25mm glass Petri dishes.
- Direct from Manufacturers: Some manufacturers sell directly to consumers. Companies like Pyrex, Duran, and Kimble Chase might have what you’re looking for.
What to Consider When Purchasing?
When purchasing a 25mm glass Petri dish, consider the following:
- Quality: Ensure the dish is made from high-quality, heat-resistant glass.
- Price: While you want a quality product, you also want to ensure you’re getting a good deal. Compare prices across different suppliers.
- Reviews: Check out reviews from other customers to see if they were satisfied with their purchase.
In conclusion, while finding a 25mm diameter glass Petri dish might require a bit more effort, they are available from a variety of sources. With a bit of research, you can find the perfect dish for your laboratory needs.